Professor of Solid and Structural Mechanics
Research Grants and Contracts
- Project Coordinator of the ERC Advanced Grant "Instabilities and nonlocal multiscale modelling of materials" FP7-PEOPLE-IDEAS-ERC-2013-AdG (2014-2019); total funding to the research unit: 2.38 MEuro.
- Project Coordinator of the Research Grant "MeMic - Fracture mechanics of microstructured composites incorporating intrinsic length-scales" FP7-PEOPLE-2013-CIG (2013-2017, Researcher: Dr. Piccolroaz); total funding to the research unit: 100 kEuro.
- From September 2013 to March 2014: Research Unit Coordinator of the Research grant "TAMER Trans-Atlantic Micromechanics Evolving Research - Materials containing inhomogeneities of diverse physical properties, shapes and orientations" FP7-PEOPLE-2013-IRSES (2014-2018)
- From October 2011 to March 2014: Coordinator of the Research Grant "INTERCER2 - Modelling and optimal design of ceramic structures with defects and imperfect interfaces", FP7-PEOPLE-2011-IAPP (2011-2015); total funding 2400 kEuro (funding to the research unit: 854 kEuro).
- Research Grant "Multi-scale modelling of material instabilities, mechanical waves, gradient effects, and metamaterials", MIUR Cofin 2009 (2011-2014); total funding to the research unit: 57.3 kEuro.
- Research Grant "Multiscale problems with complex interactions in structural engineering", MIUR Cofin 2007 (2007-2009); total funding to the research unit: 73.2 kEuro.
- Research Grant "Interface models in Solid Mechanics: Continuum/discrete transition and microstructural effects", MIUR Cofin 2005 (2006-2007); total funding to the research unit: 57.6 kEuro.
- Research Grant "Fundamental micromechanics of fracture in ductile single crystals", 2002-2005, MIUR 26-1-2001, in cooperation with Prof. Walter J. Drugan (University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA); total funding: 108 kEuro.
- Research Grant "Fenomeni di degrado meccanico di interfacce in sistemi strutturali: Applicazioni in ingegneria civile ed a campi di ricerca emergenti", MIUR Cofin 2003 (2004-2005); total funding to the research unit: 45 kEuro.
- CNR-NATO fellowship for basic sciences "Mathematical models for crack propagation in pre-stressed elastic composites and pre-polarized crystals", granted to Prof. E.M. Craciun (University of Constanta, Romania); June-July 2004, total funding: 4.2 kEuro.
D. Bigoni has been responsible for the following grants: