Assistant Professor of Solid and Structural Mechanics
2009 ||PhD Degree in "Materials and Structural Engineering",
University of Trento, Italy. |
2005 ||Civil Engineering Full-Honors Degree, University of Trento, Italy.
12/2010 - present ||
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering, University of Trento, Italy.
10/2010 - 12/2010 ||
Research Associate, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Brescia, Italy. Host: Prof. L Bardella
11/2009 - 09/2010 ||
Research Associate, Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering, University of Trento, Italy. Host: Prof. D. Bigoni and Prof. L. Deseri
11/2008 - 10/2009 ||
Research Associate, Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. Host: Prof. J.R. Willis
8/2007 ||Visiting Scientist
at the Department of Mathematics, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom. Host: Prof. A.B. Movchan|
- Co-organizer of the thematic session "Recent advances in the mechanical modelling of metamaterials and periodic structures" within the XXIV AIMETA Conference, September 15-19, 2019, Rome (Italy).
- Co-organizer and member of the Scientific and Organizing Committees of the Symposium RAMSS2019 – Recent Advances in the Mechanics of Solids and Structures, June 6-7, 2019, Trento (Italy).
- Co-organizer of the mini-symposium "Mechanics and Physics of Solids and Structures" within the ESMC2018 - 10th European Solids Mechanics Conference, July 2-6, 2018, Bologna (Italy).
- Co-organizer of the workshop
"State of the art and challenges in the dynamics and stability of structures", January 26, 2018, Trento.
- Co-organizer of the specialistic session "Recent advances in the mechanical modelling of composite materials and periodic structures" within the XXIII AIMETA Conference, September 4-7, 2017, Salerno (Italy).
- Member of the Scientific and Organizing Committees of the Congress CERMODEL2017 - Modelling and Simulation meet Innovation in Ceramics Technology, July 26-28, 2017, Trento (Italy).
- Co-organizer of the special session "Modelling of microstructured materials and metamaterials" within the GIMC-GMA2016 - XXI National Conference of Computational Mechanics and VIII Meeting of the AIMETA Materials Group, June 27-29, 2016, Lucca (Italy).
- Organizer of the workshop Modelling of refractory materials and ceramics, with a view to technological applications, April 22, 2016, Trento (Italy).
- Co-organizer of the specialistic session "Non-local modelling of materials" within the XXII AIMETA Conference, September 14-17, 2015, Genova (Italy).
- Member of the International Scientific Committee of the Congress
FFW2015 - Fracture, Fatigue and Wear, August 27-28, 2015, Ghent (Belgium).
- Member of the Scientific and Organizing Committees of the Congress CERMODEL2015 - Modelling and Simulation meet Innovation in Ceramics Technology, July 1-3, 2015, Trento (Italy).
- Organizer of the workshop State of the art and challenges in
thermal and mechanical modelling of ceramic materials, March 20, 2015, Trento (Italy).
- Member of the International Organizing Committee of EMN MEETING on CERAMICS - Energy Materials Nanotechnology and Chair of the workshop
Advanced Problems in the Mechanical Modelling of Ceramic Materials, January 26-29, 2015, Orlando (USA).
- Member of the Scientific and Organizing Committees of the Congress CERMODEL2013 - Modelling and Simulation meet Innovation in Ceramics Technology, July 10-12, 2013, Trento (Italy).
Examiner of the following PhD thesis:
- Daniel O'Shea (2019) Hyperelasticity for Soft Biological Tissues and Fibre-Reinforced Composites using Orthotropic Fourth-Order Tensors, University of New South Wales (Australia);
Referee for the following research funding:
- Referee for FRIAS (Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies) COFUND fellowship (2018);
Reviewer for the following journals:
- Acta Biomaterialia;
- AIP Conference Proceedings;
- Applied Mathematical Modelling;
- Archives of Mechanics;
- Composites Part B: Engineering;
- Construction & Building Materials;
- Continuum Mechanics and Thermodynamics;
- Engineering Fracture Mechanics;
- Engineering Structures;
- European Journal of Physics;
- European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids;
- Extreme Mechanics Letters;
- Frontiers in Materials;
- Frontiers in Mechanical Engineering;
- International Journal of Mechanical Sciences;
- International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics;
- International Journal of Solids and Structures;
- Journal of Applied and Computational Mechanics;
- Journal of Elasticity;
- Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science;
- Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures;
- Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology - ASME;
- Journal of the European Ceramic Society;
- Mathematical Problems in Engineering;
- Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids;
- Mechanics of Materials;
- Mechanics Research Communications;
- Proceedings of the Royal Society A;
- Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics;
- SAGE Open;
- SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics;
- Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics.
- Mattia Bacca (PhD, 2013) now Assistant Professor at the University of British Columbia (Canada);
- Diego Misseroni (PhD, 2013) now Assistant Professor at the University of Trento (Italy);
- Federico Bosi (PhD, 2015) now Associate Professor at the University College London (United Kingdom);
- Summer Shahzad (PhD, 2016) now Structural Engineer at Ramboll Espoo (Finland);
- Costanza Armanini (PhD, 2018) now post-doc at Khalifa University (United Arab Emirates);
- Gianluca Rizzi (PhD, 2019) now post-doc at INSA-Lyon (France);
- Alessandro Cazzolli (expected PhD defense in 2020).
Back to main page